To Donate Stocks:
- IMPORTANT – Please inform us of your intent to donate stock by calling the 11-99 Foundation Fullerton office at 714.529.1199 or by emailing Lynn Banks, Director of Finance, at Lbanks@chp11-99.org.
- Fill out the form below.
- Refer to the following delivery information for Pershing, the custodian for the CHP 11-99 Foundation account:
- Account Name: California Highway Patrol 11-99 Foundation
- Pershing Acct #: ACF-112033
Note: We cannot accept securities into the account if they are not marketable, nor can we accept mutual funds.
To Donate Qualified Charitable Distributions (QDCs):
In addition to donating securities with unrealized gains, the 11-99 Foundation accepts Qualified Charitable Distributions (QCDs). This method of IRA distribution permits individual account holders, or beneficiaries, to donate to qualified (eligible) charities and avoid federal taxation. The maximum permissible individual amount cannot exceed $100,000 per year. Amounts donated, will satisfy the IRA required minimum distribution and avoid the 50% excise tax penalty. Donations may also lower the donor’s adjusted gross income. Additionally, one’s Medicare premium cost might also be lowered as the amount donated will not be recognized as taxable income.
To validate the donation, there are a few conditions:
- The account holder must be at least 70 1/2 years of age.
- Contributions cannot be claimed as itemized deductions.
- The rule applies to traditional IRAs, not Simple or SEP programs.
- The donation to the charity must occur by direct transfer from the IRA custodian. Alternatively, checks issued by the IRA custodian and made payable to the CHP 11-99 Foundation may be delivered by the donor.
- The charity must receive the donation by December 31 for the donation to be recognized for the current tax year.
Disclaimer: The 11-99 Foundation does not provide tax advice and always encourages donors to consult with their tax professional.