Academic & Vocational Scholarships
Our founder, Bob Weinberg, was concerned first and foremost with the safety and welfare of the men and women of the California Highway Patrol. As a result, he launched a scholarship fund in 1984 to ease the financial burden of education. He hoped this program would free officers from the distraction this kind of financial burden can cause while on the job. Since then, rising tuition costs have continued to bring increased stress to CHP families. Since 1984, the 11-99 Foundation has provided over $38 million in scholarships to children of CHP employees, helping thousands of deserving students achieve their educational dreams. In 2022, the 11-99 Foundation awarded $3 million in scholarship awards to 1,000 recipients statewide. We thank our very generous members for their continued support – most especially Suzanne and Godfrey Sullivan, after whom our Sullivan Advanced Study Scholarships are named. We also thank the CAHP Credit Union for their generous sponsorship of our scholarship ceremonies each year.
2023 Scholarship Cycle Schedule
- January 15 – Scholarship Application Portal OPENS (12:00pm PT)
- March 15 – Scholarship Application Portal CLOSES (12:00pm PT)
- April 15 – Transcript Deadline (one-month grace period after March 15 application deadline)
- May 20 – Award Notifications Emailed
- June 1 – Official Award Notification Letters Mailed (by or before June 1, after email notifications go out)
- July – Scholarship Ceremonies (by RSVP only – calendar & RSVP form available here June 1)
- July 1 -December 31 – Award Checks Sent (recipients claim by submitting valid proof of enrollment)
Scholarship awardees who wish to attend a ceremony must RSVP to reserve seats ahead of time, as there is very limited space in most locations. Walk-ins may be turned away if they do not have a reservation. Please RSVP for the ceremony that is most convenient for you at least 2 weeks prior to ceremony date. Kindly limit guests per scholarship awardee to 3 or fewer (max 4 total in party, including awardee). If you bring more, we cannot guarantee everyone in your party will have a seat or be able to participate.
Each scholarship awardee who attends a ceremony will receive a commemorative scholarship certificate and will be entered into a drawing to win a $250 American Express gift card! Winning ticket drawn at conclusion of each ceremony. No award checks or money is given out at ceremonies – see your official award letter or the instructions below for how to claim your award.
Special thanks to CAHP Credit Union once again for generously sponsoring this year’s ceremonies.
Ceremony RSVP Form
Any questions, please email email@example.com